Monday 24 October 2011

Halloween


There is nothing going on on Stardoll that's worth writing about, so I thought I'd make a special post. And what better theme than Halloween?
Now read something about the basics while listening to Marilyn Manson's song "This is Halloween":



hal·low·een/ˌhaləˈwēn/

Noun:
The night of October 31, celebrated by children who dress in costume and solicit treats door-to-door.
Now some real life vs. Stardoll:

1. Jack-O'-Lantern

Pumpkin, Fallen Angel, 45 - 55 starcoins, depending on the type
Jack-O'-Lanterns are carved pumpkins with a candle in them. There's a legend about a blacksmith trapping the Devil and making him promise that he won't take the blacksmith's soul. So when he died, the blacksmith couldn't go to heaven or hell so he was stuck wondering the world with carved beetroot (=pumpkins later on) keeping him company.

2. Black cat

Scared cat, interior Pet shop, 6$
Black cats have been closely tied to Halloween for ages. Why? I'd say multiple reasons, the first one being superstition. They were also supposed to be the companions of witches. I've read that the owners of black cats are advised to keep them indoors for a week before Halloween because of theft.

3. Bats

Bat, interior Pet shop, 5$
These cute little creatures are linked to Halloween because of the link with vampires and blood-drinking. People used to make big bonfires to ward off evil spirits, so the fire attracted bugs, which attracted bats, so they were considered to be the evil spirits.

I was hoping Stardoll would provide us with some decent costumes too, but I guess not.. So I went through my closet and found some older clothing pieces that can be used as costumes. These are gothic lolita, angel, pirate and witch:



And the last thing; if you'll be watching a movie with friends, here's some scary movie suggestions:
1. Harry Potter
2. The Addams Family
3. Edward Scissorhands.
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. Corpse Bride

Now does anyone think I should also make a competition?

6 comments:

  1. Tim Burton movies!!!!I love them..I have seen those films a million times!
    I wish we celebrated Halloween in my country too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the costumes, I'm thinking about my doll's costume, 'cause in my country we dont celebrate Halloween :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been inspired enough to figure out a decent costume. Yours just totally ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!!! Your costumes are really nice ones!!! I think you should make a competition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya u should make a constest it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim Burton is the king of halloween movies. The witch costume is great!

    ReplyDelete