Sunday 6 March 2011

Spikes







Spikes are epic. They're much more than style accessories. They're a way to express hardcore and dark lifestyles through clothing which alternative people (like Metalheads, Punks or Goths) do for decades. Back in the 20th century, Heavy Metal and Punk Rock musicians wore them mainly in collars, bracelets, belts and jackets. Thankfully, many of us haven't break that tradition. Stardoll has actually released some items with spikes and there are a bunch of users still rocking them.






















































Three examples of musicians that could be found wearing them regularly are Sid Vicious, Judas Priest and The Misfits respectively:

























































Nowadays, many stylists have introduced spikes to many of their Haute Couture creations. Thanks to that, these applications are now a fashion trend which I think it's a shame since many pop/hollywood stars are wearing them (just like Rihanna). However, many of their creations turned out pure masterpieces so I couldn't resist at posting some of my favorite photos. Check them out:























































































































So, do you like spikes as much as I do? Wear them in real life or in your medoll?

13 comments:

  1. Haha, you know, Judas Priest's look came when Rob Halford, the singer, went into a London sex shop and purchased some... gear. He introduced the "spike/leather" look to the band. It looked a lot better than the flowy, 60's looking hippie shirts they wore before. :33 JUDAS PRIEST FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sid vicious ..aww my babe!!! sid vicious <3 <3 <3 love u forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. morphine through your veins6 March 2011 at 10:57

    I love spikes, thank you for this post :} Pictures were amazing.
    Yes, I wear them in my doll and in real life. My favourite real life piece is probably spike collar. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love spikes,and I wear them both in my doll and in real life.. I agree that it's a shame that pop and hollywood stars wear them, because everything that becomes fashionable is like losing its worth.. the worse was when I saw a greek "singer" wearing them on a gothic-styled outfit.. But however it is, I will not stop wearing them..<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be my friend, please?
    My name in Stardoll is MileyHannaht 11

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love spikes, it's symbol of metal and punk style!! \m/

    Jany Richter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately I have only a bracelet with spikes in real life but I adore them!!! :3 Oh well Sid Vicious wears them delightfuly...xP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love spikes! I'd really like to see that spiky headband for sale on Stardoll, or even better, in RL.

    I must admit that if I were much younger than I actually am, I'd have orange (or black or blue or red) hair and everything you've shown on this page.

    So I end up living vicariously through my blackcowstar account on SD. That's why I love this blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very fond of spikes :] Although you gotta wear them the right way (or else it would be too tacky). I've added spike to my jackets (along the shoulder area), I also have bracelets and gauntlets, and a collar. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. in real life I have this http://www.fantasmagoria.eu/photos/fno2klrbtdweflhi178e.jpg (the spikes are made of rubber but they sting well still) and this http://www.fantasmagoria.eu/photos/9jzdekwc5leuxmk1ya31.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for post ;] I love spikes.♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Proud to say that I have all of those items on Stardoll. xD I only have one studded bracelet in real-life and even that is plastic, I prefer chains but I'm starting to like spikes just as much.

    ReplyDelete