Thursday 31 March 2011

Endangered Species








This month's endangered specie is the Horned Puffin, a beautiful sea bird. Click to adopt it.



The specie breeds on the coasts of Siberia, Alaska and British Columbia, nesting in rocky cavities, and eating mainly fish (that they catch, by diving into the sea) but can also squid and some crustaceans.

The Horned Puffin has its habitat endangered due to the introduction of rats in several of their breeding/nesting islands.

Here's a picture of this adorable auk:




I find the face magnificent! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. So cute bird...and different too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's an adorable bird. I'm sorry to hear that it's endangered. I got it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it! I want one for my pet!!!! D:

    ReplyDelete