Friday 18 November 2011

Eternal Serpent


The Other World store was renewed with more amazing items for superstars exclusively. This time, we got an ancient symbol called Eternal Serpent which is more commonly named Ouroboros. It represents a snake (it can also be used a dragon) swallowing its own tail, forming a circle. It symbolizes self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself - the eternal return - and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (just like Phoenixes). It also represents the cyclic Nature of the Universe: creation out of destruction, life out of death. I found its symbolism highly interesting so I hope that Stardoll keeps releasing more meaningful items.
This is the virtual version (14 stardollars, by the way):

Stardoll got inspired by a real life ring from Sterling Silver jewerly:

And some nice related art:

Did anyone buy the Eternal Serpent?

7 comments:

  1. 2 years ago I made a ring with a toy snake but I didn't knew that this creation had a really big meaning! Incredible post, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it without knowing what it symbolises.Thank you for the info, I love posts like this one where you can learn something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need more money now... but I really love the two last floors from Other World!!! And great post, by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just like to say, I've been reading USD for ages now, and lately I've been really disappointed with the quality of writing and how unfair the contests are. You, young ladies, have just won a new reader. Thanks for writing interesting, well thought out and grammatically correct posts. I look forward to reading more in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it...I'd like to have one in real life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one in real lifeeeeee!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete